| Our most recent event: The 44th Translating and the Computer Conference – TC44 (2022) .
Visit the site to see the Programme Overview for information on Keynotes, talks, panels, presentations and workshops. Links to slides were made available approx. two weeks after the end of the conference.
Registration was open to attend TC44 at the European Convention Center Luxembourg 24-25 November 2022, until 21 November 2022.
|Now available: Proceedings of TC43 – 2021
see Menu -> Publications -> Publications on AsLing Sites -> Proceedings of AsLing-run conferences on AsLing Sites
or, to access the copy of these AsLing Proceedings on the site of our co-publisher, Tradulex,
see Menu -> Publications -> Editions Tradulex -> Proceedings of TC43 – 2021 .
|Our next to last recent event: The 43rd Translating and the Computer Conference – TC43 (2021) .
See the Schedule page of each day, for links to the slides and videos of individual events.
The Homepage of AsLing as an international professional association —
The International Association for Advancement in Language Technology
… derives it acronym, AsLing, from its full name, in French: Association internationale pour la promotion des technologies Linguistiques.
Why French? ASLING is an international non-profit association governed by Articles 60 ff. of the Swiss Civil Code, registered in the Canton of Geneva, Switzerland, in June 2014.
- promote the use of information technology in the fields of language, translation, terminology and related fields;
- organize and manage conferences to achieve its objective;
- defend the professional, economic, social, legal and moral interests of stakeholders in its fields of competence in general and its members in particular;
- provide the general public and its members in particular, a better understanding of the contribution of technology in the fields of language, translation, terminology and related fields;
- promote training and professional development and provide stakeholders in its fields of competence in general and its members in particular, the material means to achieve this goal, including through studies, meetings, lectures, debates and discussion;
- engage in research activities in its fields of competence;
- set up and maintain websites, forums, discussion groups and mailing lists in its fields of competence.
Translating and the Computer
Upon its inception, in June 2014, AsLing took over the long-running conference series, Translating and the Computer, established in 1978 by the former UK not-for-profit professional association Aslib, under whose management the 1978 conference and subsequent annual conferences were held from 1980 through 2013. AsLing has successfully carried out nine sessions of this series, beginning with TC36 in 2014 through TC44, which ended on 25 November 2022. From the inception of the conference through until 2019 the first 41 sessions were all held at various conference venues in London (UK). TC42 and TC43 were held as virtual conferences, online. AsLing held its most recent conference, TC44, once again as an in-person conference, in Luxembourg 24-25 November 2022. TC45, which will be the 10th conference in this series organised by AsLing, will again take place in Luxembourg, 20-22 November 2023.