To achieve its objectives, AsLing has engaged from its inception in 2014 through 2021 primarily in the following activity:
- organising and managing the specialized conference series, Translating and the Computer, of which it held 8 annual conferences TC36-TC43 from 2014 through 2021. All TC conferences, from TC1 through TC41 were held in central London (UK). Due to the global Covid-19 pandemic TC42 took place on the Web. As the global pandemic has persisted through 2021 TC43 again had to take place on the Web, 16-18 November 2021.
- starting in 2022 AsLing endeavours, within its means, to engage in activities related to its other objectives.
To achieve its objectives, AsLing wishes to engage progressively in the following activities (Articles of Association, sec. 2):
- to promote the use of technology in the fields of language, translation, terminology and related fields;
- to organize and manage specialized conferences;
- to foster a better understanding of the contribution of technology in the fields of language, translation, terminology and related fields;
- to promote training and professional development;
- to provide stakeholders studies, meetings, lectures, debates and discussion to promote technological innovation in its fields of competence;
- to engage in research activities in its fields of competence;
- to set up and maintain websites, forums, discussion groups and mailing lists.