Submission Guidelines for Papers and Posters
|Final submissions should be submitted via the START conference submission system. The submission deadlines for TC44 are the following: |
As was the case for 2021, AsLing will provide a separate site for authors to upload final manuscripts of academic papers or final versions of poster papers following peer review. This will be announced at a later date.
|Authors should please check out the templates and other instructions they will be expected to adhere to when preparing and submitted their final papers and posters. To assist authors, we provide links to these, below.|
Templates and Submission Instructions for E-Proceedings 2022
Manuscripts of all final papers and posters must be submitted using one of the template formats provided here. For papers the word limit is 5,000 words, while for poster papers the limit is 2,000 words; word limits EXCLUDE references and the abstract which should be between 150 and 200 words.
Formal papers describing workshops should adhere to the rules applicable for final papers connected to talks. Non-academic papers expanding on user session talks should follow the same general format as other final papers, starting with an abstract, followed by the body of the paper and ending with (in these cases, optional) references and bibliography. The body of non-academic papers may be structured freely. A summing up or conclusions section as the final part of the body is desirable in these papers, but not mandatory.
TC44 provides this description as Microsoft Word templates (both .docx and .doc versions). Users of OpenOffice and/or LibreOffice should be able to open MS-Word templates in their software.
- Microsoft Word templates and formatting instructions
- tc44(Word).zip – contains all of the following 5 files
- docx – in MS-Word 2007 and newer format. This document contains the formatting instructions for preparing a camera-ready version of papers accepted for publication at the tc44 conference. The document itself conforms to its own specifications, and is therefore an example of what your manuscript should look like. Authors are asked to conform to all the directions reported in this document.
- dotx – template for use in MS-Word 2007 and newer to format your manuscript.
- doc – in MS-Word 97-2003 format. Otherwise the same as tc44.docx.
- dot – template for use in MS-Word 97-2003 to format your manuscript.
- tc44(Word).pdf – output in Portable Document format, of tc44.docx.
Final paper and poster manuscripts should be submitted via the START conference submission system. Please upload your final manuscripts or final versions of poster papers at:
Your submission should be directly accessible by any author registered in the original proposal via its title in the “Your submission(s)” list.
You do not need to access it via the “Access to submissions using the passcode” route. Should you wish to, nevertheless, please refer to your original submission mails, or the mail in which we confirmed acceptance of your proposal. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, allowing 1-2 days to retrieve your passcode.
Select your submission, then chose the menu option which appears:
Final submission: Submit your Final submission.
Please make sure you have used the above links to read the instructions and use the correct format templates or style sheets for your final manuscripts, before you upload the final versions of your paper or poster.
WHAT WILL BE REQUIRED for the Final Submission
- You have the option to edit the Title and Short Abstract that you entered for your original submission.
- (Please note that changes to the list of co-authors or, if necessary, to your extended abstract, can only be made by sending these to us at email@example.com and are subject to AsLing approval. Make sure you include tc44, the Submission number, and at least the surname of the corresponding author in the Subject text of your mail. Note too, that the authors names in the paper and in the START system must match.)
- You will also be required to upload a file containing the biography text (yours and that of any/all co-authors). You may provide the same file you uploaded for your initial submissions, limiting the text, per author, to a maximum of 500 words.
- You may also upload new, revised digital photos of yourself and of your co-author(s), for use on our site as well as in the Authors section of the conference proceedings. If you wish us to use the photo(s) you uploaded for the initial submission, please indicate. In the case of multiple authors, please combine the image files of all authors into an archive file (zip, rar, tar, tgz, tgz2, or similar format).
- The editable version of your final paper/Poster as above.
Final submissions may be edited or corrected up until the respective submission deadline (see above).
Only full and posters papers meeting all submission guidelines, submitted by the deadline, for which at least one of the authors has duly registered will be included for publishing in the E-Proceedings of the 44th Translating and the Computer Conference Proceedings 2022, which will be published with an ISBN number.
- 31 July 2022 (extended from 1 June, 30 June and 15 July) – Deadline for abstracts and papers (both academic-style and from a user perspective)
- 15 August 2022 – Deadline for workshop and discussion panel proposals
- End of August 2022 (had to be postponed from 5-15 August 2022) – All authors notified of decision
- 31 October 2022 – Deadline for abstracts for Posters and short papers
- the week of 1 November 2022 (extended to 12 November) – All authors of accepted submissions and posters/Short presentations to submit their presentation materials (e.g. MS PowerPoint, OpenOffice or LibreOffice Impress,…)
- =====================> email presentation materials to <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- the week of 7 November 2022 (i.e., by 14 November) – Authors who wish their papers to be published in the Proceedings of TC44 should submit their papers. Submission details will be published upon acceptance of proposals.
- 24 & 25 November 2022 – Conference will take place at the European Convention Center Luxembourg (ECCL).
- the week of 5 December 2022 – Authors who wish to submit a post facto paper reporting on the outcome of a workshop or a panel for publication in the Proceedings of TC44 should submit such papers.
- the week of 5 December 2022 – Deadline for papers on Poster/Short talks originally submitted after 10 September.
Further milestones to be announced later
- Deadline for authors to submit post facto papers (related to their user presentation, late-submission poster presentation, post-panel or post-workshop paper) for publication in the Proceedings of TC44
- Peer review of academic papers (full length manuscripts and poster papers)
- Editing of all papers
- Publication of the Proceedings of TC44